NYS ID/DD Nurses Association, Inc.
“Nurses serving people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities”
Deadline for Submission: April 15, 2021
A $1000 scholarship is awarded each year by the New York State ID/DD Nurses Association to
encourage LPNs and other staff working in the field of intellectual/developmental disabilities to
explore or remain in the field of Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities Nursing.
An eligible applicant is:
• An LPN or other non-nurse staff member who is currently working or has previously worked
in the intellectual/developmental disabilities field, and
• Currently matriculated in an accredited basic RN program, and
• A New York State Resident, and
• Intending to work as an ID/DD RN in New York State upon graduation.
To apply, submit one PDF document with the following information:
1. Cover letter introducing yourself and your interest in the intellectual/developmental
2. Your resume describing your educational and work experiences.
3. An essay of not more than 500 words explaining your future educational and professional
4. Proof of current matriculation in the RN program. Matriculation documentation must be a
letter or verification on school letterhead from the Nursing Program or from the College
Registrar’s Office. A college transcript or course listing is not sufficient for proof of
The Scholarship winner will be chosen from the eligible applicants by a selection committee of the
NYS ID/DD Nurses Association. Scholarships will be awarded in June 2021.
Applications must be received by Thursday, April 15. Remember: All documents must be in one PDF
or one Word document. If you have questions, please write to [email protected] for
Email application letters to: NYS ID/DD Nurses Association / Scholarship Committee
or mail to:
NYS ID/DD Nurses Association
c/o Scholarship Committee
PO Box 25832, Rochester, NY 14625